Friday, February 22, 2013

Nutrisystem #43

I'm not going to lie...I really try to stay positive about my weight loss.  I have done really well with Nutrisystem and I'm not sure I would have done as well if I were on my own.  But this past month has been really trying for me and to be totally honest, I'm frustrated that I've been stuck at the same weight for a month.  Now, whether I'm platueing or just made a few bad choices as far as food goes (which I know I did one day, and I'll explain in a bit) or the lack of exercise or maybe just a combo of the three, I'm not sure...but something's got to give.  I'm not giving up, just feeling a wee bit defeated.  I think my positivity decided to fly the coop for a bit...
 
 
At any rate, I'll explain my poor diet choice now....
 
my mother had this treadmill that my sister gave to her.  And my mother decided she didn't like it and offered it to me.  My mom lives 3 hours away, so I already figured it would be a 6 hour round trip.  Zach went with me as my wing man.
 
We left a little later than I wanted to, and got to her house just fine.  Loaded up the treadmill, chatted for a few short minutes and off we went.  Now, I always, always, always get lost coming home from her house....I have no idea why that is.  I usually do it close to her house too, which makes it convenient because I can call her and tell her where I am and be on my merry way again.
 
So Zach and I get about an hour from home and I was telling Zach..."wow I can't believe we didn't get lost this time, we're only about an hour from home, we got this"....well, I should have kept my big mouth shut, cause no sooner did I stop talking that I missed an exit.  And it was an off ramp only, which means you can't just drive a bit and turn around and get back on.  I ended up driving around in circles, before the panic started to set in....crap, just how lost are we???
 
I called Amanda, who was able to find us on her GPS app on her phone (I have a dinophone, so no cool gps for me) and get us back to where we needed to be.  I told Zach I bet this car has GPS and we don't even know it....Sure enough Rich told me later, if you would have pushed the onstar button and gave it an address the directions would have shown up on your radio display and talked you home....So, I guess reading those little booklets that they give you when you buy a car really are meant for reading and not just shoving in the glove box, eh? LOL!
 
At any rate, we drove around for an eternity and Zach said I'm hungry, we missed dinner...at this point it was around 10 or so (way late for me to eat, but I didn't eat since lunch)...nothing was really open, so we went through a fast food and got sandwiches.  I ate some crappy sandwich, which was turkey but had melted cheese on top and was on some roll, which I'm sure wasn't good for you and some fried potato wedge things and a milk shake....I'm sure I could have better choices, but in my panicked "we are lost and never getting home" state of mind, I just wasn't thinking clearly.  Plus, I never eat that late...so that certainly didn't help.  Add in the stress of being lost....well, you get the picture.  And our supposedly 6 hour trip? Yeah, that turned into a 8 plus hour nightmare.
 
So, I did get a treadmill which makes walking in this cold weather much nicer...I'm still struggling with other factors. 
 
No one ever said losing weight is easy and I can tell you they were right!
 
In the meantime, just because the number on the scale isn't budging doesn't mean I'm not still losing.  I can wear a size 6 in pants now and a small/medium in shirts.  I just bought myself a new coat the other day which was a medium.  And my underwear and bras are all too big again.  So something is happening, even if the scale isn't.
 
And I'm seriously loving this new confidence that I have in myself.  Of course, it helps when you have people pointing out how great you look and your husband calling you a hot mama.  hahah.
 
(this is me, after walking in the door from classes all day, it was pretty and sunny, but cold, so I wore my new coat)
 
 
Oh and something fun.....me and the girls signed up for The Color Run in Philly (in July).  We will be going on a girls' weekend and hanging out with each other and some friends.  I seriously can't wait! This is something I never would have tried if I hadn't lost the weight.  I'm sure you will be bombarded by all the cool, colorful photos and details when the time comes.
 
do me a favor, and keep your fingers crossed or maybe say a little prayer that I can get passed this little stumbling block and move forward with my journey...I'm no where near finished with it.
 
 
til next time...
 
 
If you would like to learn more about how to get healthy and lose weight on Nutrisystem - Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting http://www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog
 
 
My Stats
 
4/27/12 - 180 (starting weight)
05/04/12 - 175 (week one)
05/11/12 - 174 (week two)
05/18/12 - 172 (week three)
05/25/12 - 170 (week four)
06/01/12 - 169 (week five)
06/08/12 - 169 (week six)
06/15/12 - 168 (week seven)
06/22/12 - 166 (week eight)
06/29/12 - 166 (week nine)
07/06/12 - 166 (week ten)
07/13/12 - 164 (week eleven)
07/20/12 - 164 (week twelve)
07/27/12 - 165 (week thirteen)
08/03/12 - 163 (week fourteen)
08/10/12 - 160 (week fifteen)
08/17/12 - 160 (week sixteen)
08/24/12 - 160 (week seventeen)
08/31/12 - 159 (week eighteen)
09/07/12 - 159 (week nineteen)
09/14/12 - 157 (week twenty)
09/21/12 - 155 (week twenty one)
09/28/12 - 155 (week twenty two)
10/03/12 - 155 (week twenty three)
10/12/12 - 154 (week twenty four)
10/19/12 - 153 (week twenty five)
10/26/12 - 153 (week twenty six)
11/02/12 - 152 (week twenty seven)
11/09/12 - 152 (week twenty eight)
11/16/12 - 151 (week twenty nine)
11/23/12 - 150 (week thirty)
11/30/12 - 150 (week thirty one)
12/07/12 - 150 (week thirty two)
12/14/12 - 149 (week thirty three)
12/21/12 - 148 (week thirty four)
12/28/12 - 148 (week thirty five)
01/04/13 - 147 (week thirty six)
01/11/13 - 147 (week thirty seven)
01/18/13 - 145 (week thirty eight)
01/25/13 - 145 (week thirty nine)
02/01/13 - 144 (week forty)
02/08/13 - 144 (week forty one)
02/15/13 - 144 (week forty two)
02/22/13 - 144 (week forty three)

 
*Disclosure ~ I am receiving access to the website and food in exchange for reviewing the diet plan. All opinions herein are my own and were not influenced by Nutrisystem
 
 
 
 
 
 


5 comments:

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

I think it's fantastic that you share the highs...and the sometime-lows...of this journey.

Keep your head up, Charlene! You're doing an amazing job!!!

Jolene said...

You are doing absolutely fantastic Charlene. Keep doing what you are doing! You look great.

Charlene Juliani said...

Thanks Mandy adn Jolene for your continued support, it means alot :)

MtnGirl said...

I am doing a different weight loss program which doesn't require one to buy "their" food. I have lost about 11 pounds in about a month. It is hard to keep going when one is starving.....but, it has been encouraging to see my own weight loss and also reading other stories such as, yours. We must unite and hang tough as we push through this making ourselves even better!

Charlene Juliani said...

Yes, I agree MtnGirl...we need to encourage each other and build each other up, no matter what the "plan" is, as long as we hang in there together we can achieve great success. Good Luck on your continued successes!