Friday, October 05, 2012

Nutrisystem week #23

Today wraps up my 23rd week on Nutrisystem.
 
This past Sunday, I went to my nephew's first birthday party. 
 
(me with the birthday boy)
 
And not to be outdone....Nathan (aka, Mr. Green Eyed Monster when Mommy holds anyone other than him) and me
 
 
Let's get down to the party food, shall we?
 
 I ate a hot dog (which is totally allowed by the way), some baked beans and some carrots (also all allowed).  And yep a piece of cake...hey, a first birthday deserves to be celebrated with some cake, don't you think? Well, I haven't eaten cake since I started Nutrisystem, so that little piece of cake, while it tasted pretty good, was really super sweet. 
 
My how my taste buds are changing!
 
This week has been a bit of a challenge for me in terms of getting all my water in...not really sure why, but water started tasting a little blah again.  So, instead of drinking the proper amount of water, I fell back on the diet soda.  What a bad habit and so hard to break!
 
As a result of drinking so much pop and less water, I was getting massive headaches.  I think I was dehydrated.  I have noticed anytime that I don't drink enough water, I get a headache.  When I start getting those headaches, I drink some water and they magically go away.
 
My little trick to liking water and drinking it again is to add a little Crystal Light to my water bottle.  The little bit of extra flavor makes it sweet and makes me think I'm drinking something other than plain old water.  Usually after about a week or so of drinking Crystal Light with my water, I can start drinking water plain again.
 
Why do our bodies need all that water and where does it all go?
 

I found this great picture a few months ago and have kept it to read every once in a while to remind me why water is so important for our bodies.
 
We need it....it's funny, but after a while, your body starts to crave it.
 
So pick up those cups and drink up!

I didn't lose anything again this week...but I'm not discouraged (well, maybe a tiny bit), I know it takes time and I will lose it.  I think it might have something to do with a combo of mother nature, allergy meds and the lack of water....The good thing is I didn't gain anything back, just hangin out at the same weight for a few weeks.

 
Oh and a big huge thank you to my girls...Sarah for saying to me before the party "Mom, you are looking like one hot mama!" And Amanda for adding (when I walked into the party room), "Hey skinny, I almost didn't recognize my own mother - you look great Mommy."  And to my friends who have been saying such sweet things about how great I look.  And most of all to Rich, who has been my biggest cheerleader since I started this whole process.  It really makes a girl feel loved and special to have so many notice the hard work and effort that I have been putting into this lifestyle change.   THANKS A MILLION - I LOVE YOU ALL!!
 
 

My Stats
  • 4/27/12 - 180 (starting weight)
  • 5/04/12 - 175 (week one)
  • 5/11/12 - 174 (week two)
  • 5/18/12 - 172 (week three)
  • 5/25/12 - 170 (week four)
  • 6/01/12 - 169 (week five)
  • 6/08/12 - 169 (week six)
  • 6/15/12 - 168 (week seven)
  • 6/22/12 - 166 (week eight)
  • 6/29/12 - 166 (week nine)
  • 7/06/12 - 166 (week ten)
  • 7/13/12 - 164 (week eleven)
  • 7/20/12 - 164 (week twelve)
  • 7/27/12 - 165 (week thirteen)
  • 8/03/12 - 163 (week fourteen)
  • 8/10/12 - 160 (week fifteen)
  • 8/17/12 - 160 (week sixteen)
  • 8/24/12 - 160 (week seventeen)
  • 8/31/12 - 159 (week eighteen)
  • 9/07/12 - 159 (week nineteen)
  • 9/14/12 - 157 (week twenty)
  • 9/21/12 - 155 (week twenty one)
  • 9/28/12 - 155 (week twenty two)
  • 10/3/12 - 155 (week twenty three)


    Do you want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting http://www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog

    *Disclosure ~ I am receiving access to the website and food in exchange for reviewing the diet plan. All opinions herein are my own and were not influenced by Nutrisystem.  Oh, and I'm also not affliated with Crystal Light in anyway, just like their flavored water and have been known to use the store brand products as well :)

  • 2 comments:

    Allyson Bossie said...

    I too use a tad of Crystal light when I am tired of water. I don't use it in the amounts they suggest, but just a little to get me wanting to chug chug. I need to lose more...this plateau is almost winning..almost :D

    MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

    While I still enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning and a diet soda every afternoon, water is otherwise all I drink. I CRAVE it, big time, too. I start my day with a quick 16-oz glass, and easily drink 80oz most days, many days more.

    One thing that really helped me is that I bought one of those plastic tumblers with a straw. It seems so easy to drink. And I fill it up every time I leave the house. On school days, for example, I easily drink 16oz on the way to drop off the girls, and 16oz going to pick them up.

    I know it sounds crazy, but I really feel dehydrated (almost hung-over!) when I don't get all my water in.

    Keep up the awesome work, Charlene! :) :)