Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Creating Success Around the World - Amie from Pinkapotamus


Welcome to
Creating Success Around the World

The 
worldwide blog hop tour, that introduces you to creative people from all corners
of the globe.

Creating my way to Sucess

Every Wednesday our hosts on each continent will
introduce some inspiring creativity from their corner of the
world.



Here's the hosts. Click on the buttons to
visit them and see who they are featuring this week.


Jill in Australasia
Jill in Australasia
Suzy in the Americas
Suzy in the Americas
Divya in Asia
DIvya in Asia
Larissa in Australasia
Larissa in Australasia
Charlene in the Americas
Charlene in the Americas


This week's featured blogger from the USA is Amie, from Pinkapotamus...........



Hi!  I'm Amie from PINKAPOTAMUS
  a stay at home of three active, amazing little lovies,
 
 married to the man of my dreams {Sigh}!
Here at Pinkapotamus we have lots of fun crafting,
playing with photos,
baking
and cooking!
I also have an etsy shop, also called Pinkapotamus where I sell unique children's decor.  
Custom Handpainted Under the Sea Wall Hook HangerClothesline Name SignPersonalized Boutique Custom Boys Truck Artwork - Pottery Barn Kids- Bryce Truck Painting
 Red Shoes Ballerina MirrorSpiderman Mirror
Today I have a super fun upcycled project to share with you!  It's a plastic bottle flower headband!
Want to make one?  Here's how!
Start with your fabric and a plastic bottle (mine is a seltzer bottle cause I'm a bit of a seltzer addict!)
Peel the label off your bottle.
Then Mod Podge some fabric all the way around the bottle.
Make sure you squeeze out all of the bubbles!

Once the fabric is on, glue all on the outside too to seal it onto the bottle.
While your bottle is drying, it's time to start on your headband!  I grabbed an old dress my daughter had outgrown.
I cut three strips of fabric.
Then I sewed the top of the strips together.
Then I braided the strips together and sewed the bottom piece.
Next I added a strip of elastic to the ends to make a complete circle.
Now, grab your bottle and cut the top and bottom off.
Then cut your bottle into petal shapes in three sizes.
Now hot glue it all together to make a sweet flower!
Next take a strip of fabric and glue it onto the headband.
Last glue the flower to the headband and find a willing model to show off your handiwork!
Lots of hugs and a great big THANKS to Charlene for inviting me to join the fun!  I hope you enjoyed this fun tutorial and that you STOP BY and Say "Hi"!
Love,
Pinkapotamus


thanks for sharing such an awesome project with us Amie!! 


I hope everyone will take some time and stop by Amie's blog and visit her shop as well.


Also, feel free to check out our kids activity link party, Hey Mom, Look What I Did and join us every Monday.


Now, please join in on the fun and share your projects from this week!!

2 comments:

Jill said...

What a great upcycling project from Amie! She has a fabulous blog - great choice for a feature Charlene!


Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Cheryl said...

That is awesome!!! I am so going to try that this summer. Thanks for sharing.