Monday, October 10, 2011

Hey Mom, Look What I Did

Come join us for our new kids activities linky party.....
 
 
Link up and share a craft or baking project that you did with your children this week.  Please link back to this post when sharing.  You can find the code on the sidebar.  Remember this is my first linky party and it's all new to me, so please excuse the rough edges.
 
This weekend was all about pumpkins at our house.
 
The boys decorated pumpkins at Michael's Crafts store and made pumpkin faces and we baked some super yummy pumpkin and butterscotch chip cookies.
 




 
We used both pumpkin shaped foam board and small orange paper plates (I bought a kit at Michael's).  Then they glued spooky google eyes, glitter, pom poms, pipe cleaners and other foam stickers to their faces. 
 




 


Sarah decided to make a few too.



Did you see my fall tree on the door? Cute huh?




 
Did someone mention yummy cookies?
 
Pumpkin Butterscotch Chip Cookies
 


Ingredients:
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups butterscotch chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions:

Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Dump all the ingredients (except the chips and nuts) into a large bowl.
Don't you just love the word "dump" when it refers to a recipe? LOL!
Mix ingredients well.
Stir in chips and nuts.

Drop by teaspoon onto greased cookie sheet and bake for about 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown.





So tell me what you did with your children this week.....read a new book, make a new craft, bake a yummy treat??? Please link and share what you did.
 
 


7 comments:

Altax said...

Lovely kids and their great activities. I think they had a great time.
Math Resources

RedTedArt said...

What a cute pumpkin activity day! And have never seen pumpkin cookies. Yummy!

Maggy

Unknown said...

Thank you for letting me know about this link up. I added your link to the post I added.

Aleksandra Nearing said...

We're going to experiment with making dirt cake with worms to bring to daycare for Lily's birthday this week :) Wish me luck, I haven't made it before! Love your art AND the recipe!

sbswtp said...

I will have to link up our craft project this week! You should stop by my link up Whatcha Making Wednesdays and link up your baking project! The Ramblings and Adventures of a SAHM (tolchin.blogspot.com)

Lori said...

Love this pumpkin activity! They turned out great!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Another great meme! It always takes me a while to jump in - but I'm enjoying looking around :) Yummy sounding cookies!