Tuesday, March 15, 2011

One Of My Favorite St Patrick's Day Crafts Ever!

Pot O' Gold Suncatchers

I got this cute idea from the Frugal Family Fun Blog, she has tons of cute and fun looking crafts for kids on her blog.  This was a pretty simple craft and I decided to include Nicholas with this one.  He likes doing crafts too and I wanted to make sure that he didn't feel left out (now that wrestling is over).  

All you need is black construction paper, clear contact paper and some yellow tissue paper (torn or cut up into little pieces).  Cut out your pots and place them on the contact paper (sticky side up). Place the tissue paper on top of the pot. Then lay another piece of contact paper on top (sticky side down) and smooth it out. Trim around edges and hang them up on a window and let the sunshine do their job.

Easy Peasy and Super Cute!! The boys had a lot of fun doing this together and hanging them on the door.  Can't wait to see what they look like once the sun actually hits them....













It is so funny looking at these old pics of the boys....they just keep getting bigger and bigger.  No fair!

3 comments:

Kylie said...

I like these. YOu always see the shamrocks and rainbows but this idea is great. I hope you will link it up at our Paddy's Day link up - http://ourworldwideclassroom.blogspot.com/2011/03/st-patricks-day-arty-crafty-party.html

Kyrstin said...

Great activity - we are doing this one tomorrow!!

Unknown said...

It is obvious that the boys liked, and I am trying to see how my son will be thrilled.Rent A Car