Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Angels and Airbags

From the time my children were babies, I've prayed over them.  Each night before I fall asleep as I say my prayers, I pray that God will watch over each of them.  That he will hold them in his arms and protect them from all harm.  That he will love them and guard them with a force field of angels....

As parents, Rich and I have been very lucky that none of our children were seriously injured.  Yes, with six children, we've had our fair share of broken arms and stitches, colds and the like. And of course, Nicholas had his health issues as well (tonsils/adenoids, kidney surgery, etc.)  But all in all, no one has ever been seriously hurt.  I believe that God hears my prayers and that he protects them. 

This past weekend Amanda was in a car accident. 

She totalled the car.  

Totalled!

As she was driving with a friend, a truck swerved in front of her.  She panicked and drove her car into a ditch and couldn't stop the car.  She took out a few mailboxes, a fire hydrant and two parked cars, before the car spun around several times and blew out three of the four tires, finally stopping in some one's driveway.  The girls were wearing their seat belts.   All the airbags went off - front....side...rear - Those airbags did their job and wrapped Amanda and her friend in a bubble of sorts and protected them.  They kept them safe.  It was as if a force field of angels wrapped themselves around them and guarded them from all harm. 

 God is good

Both girls walked away, no worse for the wear.  Yes, they were and still are shaken by the ordeal.  But they walked away.  I can't tell you how many accidents I have read about in the newspapers where people have been killed in car accidents.  My heart aches for the parents of those children, I can't even begin to imagine the pain they are going through.  But, I also can't help but to feel blessed that my daughter and her friend are okay.  It's a scary world and as much as we want to wrap our children up in bubble wrap and never let them out of our sights, we have to let them go.  And we have to believe that God will wrap them in his arms and protect them from all harm and send a force field of angels down to guard them, at least that's what I'll keep praying for.





I'm linking to Shell's PYHO....today is the one year anniversary of her link up.

13 comments:

VandyJ said...

Wow. So glad they walked away. I have two boys and in ten years time, I hope I don't have to deal with this one--although I'm sure I'll get to.

Aimee said...

So glad they walked away from that too...with all they hit etc it's shocking there wasn't even more damage. Big hugs Char...

Jolene said...

I’m so glad to hear that angels protected the girls. It is a sickening feeling when one’s child is in an accident. My oldest wrecked my car 3 years ago and I felt the same way. Monday, when at work, I took a call from a Father that was calling to report his son passing away on Friday from a car wreck. After my call I had to put myself in unavailable and go to the bathroom to cry for him. I cried his son was less then 1 month younger then my Joshua. I wanted to go home and give Joshua a hug but he is in Spain at the moment and that made it even tougher. It warms my heart to read the girls were protected. We all need to hear the good as well. Thank you for sharing.

Helene said...

Oh wow, thank God they're both okay. I got chills reading that...isn't it every parent's worst nightmare??!!

Unknown said...

Wow! I am so glad they walked away with no injuries. God is good!

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

Wow...I can only imagine how shaken you all must be. I'm so incredibly thankful for you all that she and her friend are OK.

Shell said...

How scary! Thank God they are okay!

Unknown said...

oh boy how scary! big hugs to all of you x

Mellie said...

Wow, how scary!! SO glad they are okay.

Not a Perfect Mom said...

that is the sort of thing that scares me to my core! I watch over my children and pray for their safety, but what if...
ugh...
thank God they were okay...

Katie Hurley, LCSW said...

Oh my gosh, that's a parents worst nightmare. I'm so glad they are ok.

Debbie said...

Parenting is such a tough job. I'm so happy they were OK. Like you, I pray constantly that God will watch over mine.

shelley c. said...

Oh my gosh, I am so thankful that the girls are okay. I can only imagine how terribly frightening that was for you, for her, for everyone.