Wednesday, June 09, 2010

I found me a new crack store

I call the dollar stores and thrift stores my crack.  I AM addicted to them.  I can not stay away....Seriously....It's sick! LOL!

The other day, Nathan and I went shopping.  We went to Michael's "just to look" - should of known better, let me tell you.  I had to tear myself away from the store, I could do some serious damage in there.  I did buy a few cute little crafts for Nathan and Nicholas (since, he will be joining us for craft time this summer).  While there I saw some spray stuff that Wilton makes, that you spray on cupcakes or cakes.  I've been wanting to try it on some cupcakes, but at $4 something a bottle, I didn't think it was worth it (Did I mention that I'm cheap?).  I couldn't bring myself to buy it.

But, I couldn't stop thinking about it.  Once I get an idea in my head, I have to try it or it drives me crazy.  We have a small candy and cake supply store in the area, so I gave them a call.  They not only had the spray, but they sold it for less than Michael's did.  I have never been to that supply store before, but it's been there for years and I've always wanted to check it out.  Oh My.....Was I in absolute HEAVEN!!! Anything you could possibly need to make cupcakes, cookies or cakes they had.  We're talking an entire wall of cookie cutters - I could spend hours starring at them.....And I probably would have if I didn't have Nathan with me.  I have a feeling that the woman who owns the store and I will be on a first name basis very, very soon....hahaha.

She said "Oh somebody must have a birthday coming" looking at Nathan when she said it.  I said nope, it's the last week of school for the kids....any excuse to make cupcakes, is a good excuse as any!!

1 comment:

Aimee said...

You "crack" me up!