Friday, January 29, 2010

The Tooth Fairy Visits


Nicholas lost a tooth yesterday at school. He brought it home in a ziploc baggie and showed it to me. He was all excited about getting money from the tooth fairy. I told him to put it under his pillow and check it in the morning.

Well, this little tooth fairy fell asleep on the couch last night while watching tv and forgot to pay Nicholas a visit. Nicholas didn't say anything this morning, wasn't even really disappointed. I thought maybe he forgot about it. After he left for school I looked under his pillow and there was the tooth waiting to be exchanged. I had a Bad Mommy Moment where I felt guilty for about 5 minutes. Then I got over it. He's eight and still pretty easy to trick when it comes to stuff like this.

I remembered all the other times with the older kids where I forgot about the tooth. Once I put the dollar on the entertainment center in the living room, because that's where they left their tooth the night before. Or once I quickly tossed a buck under the bed while they weren't looking and then suddenly "found" it there and told them the tooth fairy must have forgotten the tooth and dropped the money. I guess there were quite a few times where I had to make up an excuse aka lie about what happened when the tooth fairy didn't visit. Oh the guilt of motherhood, eh?

I took the tooth and placed a dollar under his pillow and when Nicholas came home from school I asked him if the tooth fairy came last night. He said he did look and she didn't come. I said maybe she got busy, check again. So he ran off to his room and looked and came back with his prize. He said "The tooth fairy came while I was at school.....Cool!" Another bad mommy moment avoided {wiping hand across brow}. Hopefully next time the tooth fairy will be more prompt. Or at least do her job before watching tv late at night.

7 comments:

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Yeah, that tooth fairy has fallen asleep on the couch here too. And got an attack of the guilts at 2am .... but at least she came good.

:) Marcia

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

My daughters are still too young, but I imagine myself doing the same thing!

Emmy said...

Hey it all worked out in the end :)

Kathryn said...

"Happy Birthday...hope it was a good one!
Stopping by from SITS!"

Thanks so much! You have a cute blog!!!

Shelley said...

Cute story...brings back memories...

Once when my husband was putting his hand under my daughter's pillow to make the exchange, she opened her eyes, grabbed his arm and yelled, "Get off my money Dad!" She thought he was stealing her loot.

Found you through FF! Love your header pic!

The Mommyologist said...

Glad you got around it somehow!

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

Charlene Juliani said...

Shelley....LOL, Love your story! It really did make me laugh out loud!