Thursday, January 28, 2010

More Stupid Crap

One of Amanda's chores is doing the dishes. Even though she pokes around, she usually gets them done. But she has told me numerous times (when she doesn't do them all) that Quote: It's not her fault that I always make such big meals. Umm, young lady...You do realize that there are 8 people in this house. And those 8 people use alot of dishes. And that those 8 people actually require me to make such huge meals - you know in order to ensure that everyone gets some. So, yeah, I might be willing to take the blame for dirtying the dishes that I used to cook or bake with, but uh, it's not all MY fault there Missy!

For some reason after months of service my camera decided to crap out on me when I try to upload pics straight off the usb cord. Now I have to hook it up and then go into the computer section, find the camera thingy and click on a bunch of buttons until I accidentally hit the right one and then upload every single pic on the camera, instead of just uploading the most recent ones. It's such a pain in the ass and I have no flippin' clue how to fix it. Makes me nuts!

The newest diet fad? The Taco Bell Drive through diet??? What in the hell is wrong with people promoting that crap. I mean, I like Taco Bell and all that, but to claim losing weight by eating their tacos is just plain crazy. The only way I can think of as a way it works is that you are constantly running to the bathroom, ya know? Cause eating that crap all the time, would definitely give you the runs LOL! Don't you think so?

I hate mornings. I have NEVER been a morning person. I'm not really a night owl either. I think I hit my stride in the afternoon, early evening. Lately though, I have been feeling like I'm not getting enough sleep. Even if I go to bed at a decent hour, I still wake up exhausted. All I want to do is sleep. Is it a winter blues thing? I also wonder if it's because I missed a few of my anti-depressants last month around Christmas/New Year's and they say that it takes a month for it to get into your system. So I'm wondering if all this tiredness is caused from missing those pills last month...is that possible? Seriously though nothing really works as far as going to bed early. Or drinking coffee. I just feel tired and run down these last few days. It makes me even more grouchy than normal when I have to deal with Nathan in the morning.

I'm so sick of my hair lately. It looks like crap. Ever since I had that radiation done (for my thyroid), my hair has been falling out in clumps and looks horrible. It actually stopped falling out and has started to grow in some. But the places where it's growing only grows so far and then stops. It seriously looks like Nathan or one of the kids has taken a pair of scissors to my head and chopped off sections here and there. It looks terrible and it's so thin now. I used to have really thick hair and now it's really thin. I don't know what the hell to do with it anymore. I end up in a ponytail and hat most of the time, trying to cover it all up. Even when I curl it, the curl doesn't last because it's so thin. I have to spray tons of hairspray on it, just to help it keep the curls. Other than just cutting it all off and starting over again, I have no idea what to do with it anymore.

And one more mind boggling observation...the other day Amanda said "that hand pump soap in the bathroom gives me a headache because of the way it smells." It's Method Lavendar scent. So today I'm in the bathroom brushing my teeth and what do I spy on the counter....but Amanda's body lotion that she bought last month. Take a guess what the scent is....Go on, I bet you'll never get it. Uh, yep it's lavendar scented too. Hmmm, wonder if it gives her a headache when she uses that too?!

6 comments:

Miranda said...

Breathe, Charlene, just breathe hun! Remember that all of these things do not make you "who you are" they are just part of ONE of life's phases! I feel your pain and well send up a special prayer for you.

~Miranda

p.s. Taco bell diet?! Seriously?! That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard of!!
~M

Kari said...

Okay, so I can't stop laughing about your 'Crap' post! I myself have doubted the taco bell diet. Stupid. And the girl they have doing all the commercials. I'm sure she got that way doing this diet. Um, whatever!
Sorry about the hair. I'm wondering if women ever have good hair days? Today mine looks like I stuck my finger in a socket and nothing I do helps. Nice dry Colorado weather!
Maybe you should stop cooking so much and when your family begins to starve, ask whether they would have less food or less dishes?
Smile. Enjoy your day. Just know you put a smile on my face. That's good for something, right?

Kelley said...

I genuinely appreciate the comical view on life- it's refreshing, and it makes me want to laugh at the speeding ticket my husband got today. But I can't let him know I'm laughing about it!

Tara said...

Stopping by to say hi from Friday Follow!

Don't forget to stop by for more Follow Me Friday Fun at the Trendy Treehouse

http://thetrendytreehouse.blogspot.com/2010/01/strapped-belts-feature-and-giveaway.html

Mom et al said...

Hi. Following via the Friday Follow.


mom-et-al.com

Emmy said...

Yes, I think you figured out the Taco Bell diet! But hey, who doesn't want to flush out their system once a day? ;)

Late afternoons are the worse time for me... having to make dinner, dealing with crazy kids. How about I take the mornings and you take my afternoons?

Following you now from Friday Follow