Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My Sweet Boy

On the way home from Story Hour at the library this morning, Nathan asked "Do you think I'm a good boy mommy?" Yes, I do. "Do you think the trees are pretty?" Yes, I do. "Do you remember the way home mom, cause if you don't, I do." Yes, I do. "Mom, do you like to buy me treats when I'm a good boy?" Yes, I do. "I like you mommy." I like you too buddy.

I absolutely love these little conversations with him (actually with all my children). They are little, but oh so precious bits of memories that I don't ever want to forget. It makes me want to freeze time or bottle those moments and place them on a shelf to get dusty and dirty so that when I'm old and gray I can open them and release the magic that they hold. I wish all of life's little moments could be this simple and good.

No comments: