Friday, July 31, 2009

Embracing Life

Lately, I've been feeling down in the dumps. I've been bitchy and whiny and acting like a big baby. I realized reading some of my latest posts that I sound pretty crappy. I hate when life feels like it's out of control. It sucks. I hate that my kids think I'm mean and grouchy all the time. I hate that I make my husband feel like crap because I'm feeling like crap. Why should everyone else suffer because I don't want to take anti-depressants or realize all that life has to offer me. Why should I feel like life sucks? I have a nice home, I live in a nice neighborhood, I have good friends and family. I have food to eat, a roof over my head and clothes on my body. I have alot more than some people do. And in this bad economy, I still have a pretty decent life. So why shouldn't I feel happy instead of crappy? I shouldn't feel down or feel like I don't matter. Life is what you make it. And if you make it crappy, then it's going to be crappy. If you embrace life and go with the flow and realize that life happens no matter what you do. Bad things are going to happen. Good things will happen too. It's all how you look at it. It's all how you deal with it.

So, while I still may bitch here and there about the dumb things that happen in my life. I am going to embrace life. Live it for all it's worth. Life is too short to complain about everything that goes wrong in it. Do I really want my family to remember me as a grumpy witchy person when I die? Or do I want them to remember me as a fun, loving mom who loved life and loved them enough to let them know it everyday. Someone who did exciting fun things with them. Who made banana pancakes shaped like hearts, or who tickled them silly every night before they went to bed. Yeah, that's what I want. That's who I want to be. And I know I will struggle, we all do. But, I know that I have God on my side and that I can do anything if I only try. Here's to life - My life!

No comments: