Friday, June 27, 2008

Oh my eye!

I always have the weirdest things happen to me. When I was a little girl, my best friend and I decided we were going to play carnival. We picked up all these leaves that we wanted to use as ride tickets and stuff like that. Well, little did we know that the leaves we chose to use were poison oak and ivy leaves. Oh yeah, let me tell you, that was not fun! My mother tried everything to help me stop scratching myself to death. I had it everywhere, including my eyes.

Years and years later, while I was pregnant with Nicholas I broke out in this really weird awful rash like thing, that wasn't really a rash. All I remember is that it turned my face purple. Yes, purple! Not my whole face, but enough to make me look like a spectacle sitting in the ER. They say that some women will get a mask like mark on their faces during pregnancy, but that wasn't what I had. The doctors in the ER had no idea what happened or how to make it go away. Luckily, it only lasted a day or two.

A few months after I had the twins, I was walking down the hallway carrying both of them in my arms, when my foot got caught in the hem of my pants. In order not to fall with two babies in my arms, I stuck my foot out to catch myself and instead of my foot landing flat, it went sideways. And I broke it. I spent 25 years of my life (at that point) with out having a broken bone and when I finally did break a bone it was my foot. So here I was just having gotten out of the hospital, after spending two and half weeks on bedrest there. Not including the months at home I was on bedrest. With two newborns and two toddlers, needing help from friends and family again. LOL! I ended up with a walking cast and the bone I broke, was a little tiny bone under my little pinky toe. LOL! See weird, huh?

Tonight as I was sitting on the couch watching some tv, my right eye started bothering me. Just an annoyance, like something was in my eye or a piece of my hair was hanging in the way. I don't know, it just felt weird. After sitting there for about an hour and rubbing the hell out of eye, I got up and went into the bathroom to see if I could see what was bothering my eye so badly. Guess what I saw?! A freaking swollen eye, that's what! My right eye is swollen like a balloon, and now it's all red and irritated, not to mention this God awful tearing it's doing.

I'm not sure if I got bit by a mosquito and didn't realize it. Or what the heck I did. But visions of me going blind from it, are making me paranoid, LOL! If the swelling doesn't go down, then I will make a call to the doctor in the morning. What in the heck could it be? But do you see what I mean about weird stuff happening. If it is a mosquito bite, who in the world, actually gets bitten by a mosquito on the eye?! Me, that's who! And if it's not a bite, then I sure as hell want to know what it is! I must be some kind of magnet for dumb stuff.

No comments: