Thursday, January 17, 2008

So I'm addicted

Yes, I have lost the battle of wills with MySpace. I started out just wanting to spy on Amanda, since she has a MySpace page. And to tell the truth I was rather dissapointed in her. First she had stated that her age was 15, not 14. I told her I didn't like it and she told me, well I'll be 15 in a few months. True enough, but I'm not ready for her to be 15 yet. She also showed me where alot of her friends (who I know) were also lying about their ages. I still didn't like it, but I accepted it.

She changed it to 14. I noticed that the other day. It makes me smile that she listened (when I thought she wouldn't).

Then I noticed that she was using some profane words on there. Which certainly does not make me proud of her. I mean, Rich and I swear - ALOT. But still I'd rather not have my 14 year old daughter putting curse words on the internet where all the world could see. It's a bad reflection on our parenting skills, maybe. I don't know. But since I was spying I couldn't very well tell her to change the wording.

I can tell you that I am proud of her for making her page private, that sorta, kinda makes me feel better about the sickos in the world out there.

But in my quest of knowledge about MySpace I became quite addicted to it myself. I have found old friends from high school and it's nice to find out how they turned out. It's nice to chat with each other, or find out little things that I never knew about while in school. I also get to share things with my fellow moms from a message board we all frequent. It's nice to look at their pictures and see their own personal styles with their background choices. Things you don't really get to see or know about on a message board.

So all in all, I guess my noseyness paid off in the end.

1 comment:

Susanne said...

hahahaha it is addicting! and so quickly my goodness!